Review: Demetrius (New Vampire Disorder #1) Marie Johnston

Demetrius (New Vampire Disorder Book 1) - Marie Johnston

Demetrius Devereux thought the only problems he had was overthrowing the vampire government and implementing a new council, but an even bigger problem arrives in the form an innocent, privileged beauty in this thrilling paranormal romance.

When her desperate father taps into a well of pure evil, Callista Augustus swallows her sense of betrayal and turns him in to the man who ruined her family and the readers can’t help but get caught up in the excitement of this romance as sparks fly and Demetrius and Calli realize that if they lose each other, they lose everything. The chemistry sizzles from every page with lots of heated encounters of the passionate kind and the argumentative kind and there is lots of feelings flowing from the pages as well which really makes it easy for the reader to get know these strong, captivating characters in this fast paced and smooth flowing plot full of suspense, action and romance.

The reader’s attention is captured right from the beginning with Calli’s discovery of what her father has done and the expectation and excitement continuously builds from there as Demetrius and Calli discover that there is way more going on than they thought and that Calli’s life is in extreme danger, if they can’t find a way to stop the demons. Unexpected twists, betrayals and lots of passion rocks this well written story that is full of great details which make it easy for the reader to become engrossed in the plot.

I was glued to the pages from the very beginning and there wasn’t a dull moment to be found, the author has created a fascinating world with some intriguing and different elements that has captured my imagination. It’s was obvious, once I began reading that the story is connected to another series, one that I haven’t read but that didn’t stop me from enjoying this one as I was easily able to pick up what I needed to know, but I will be looking for the books in The Sigma Menace series and others by this author.