Die For You (Catastrophe #1) by Michele Mills

Die For You - Michele Mills

As far as she can tell, Rachel Donnelly is the last living soul in California until she runs into a battle-hardened Marine sniper that is not only alive but very healthy indeed in this sizzling and thrilling post-apocalyptic romance.

While Adam would love nothing more than getting very intimate with Rachel in the back of the hummer, her fragility and inexperience hold him back and readers can’t help but get caught up in the unfolding drama as Rachel and Adam band together to survive. The chemistry sizzles and pops from the pages with lots of steamy heat with some very scorching sex scenes including m/f/m scenes and lots of emotional turmoil flows from the pages of this steady to fast paced and smooth flowing plot full of suspense, excitement, romance and strong, compelling characters that easily draw you into their story.

In this fascinating post-apocalyptic world there are very few survivors but there is lots of danger and excitement as feral animals, violent ex-cons and motorcycle clubs jockeying for power which has quite a bit of violence happening throughout the story which keeps readers on the edge of their seat with anticipation. The author brings her world to life with well written scenes full of vivid details that make it seem real and therefore easily holds the readers captive until the very end.

Michele Mills created a life like experience in her post-apocalyptic world that frankly gives it a chilling as well sizzling feel, I mean that the events and the situations are quite believable and made me question what would I do if I found myself in this situation. I really liked how she had the characters acting and doing things that someone might really do and not just the obvious ones,  like go to the library for research, siphon gas out of vehicles and quite a few other small details that came together making it more realistic and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series to find out what happens next.