Path of the Horseman by Amy Braun

Path of the Horseman - Amy Braun

The Seal was broken, the four horsemen unleashed to cause chaos and death throughout the world but once their duties were performed they were reduced to human bodies and trapped in the waste they created in this fascinating urban fantasy.

Avery ended the world once and he refuses to see the demons end it again and the readers can’t help but get caught up in the suspense and excitement as he sets out to get the help of his brothers in order to protect the last of the living. The story immediately grabs readers attention with its post-apocalyptic setting and the intrigue of the Four Horsemen, it is full of suspense that continuously draws readers deeper into the story with exciting battles between the demons, the last of humanity and the Four Horsemen with additional anticipation building due the animosity between Avery and his brothers especially since they are at odds what with his brothers being content to sit back and watch the world burn and all.

The characters are strong, compelling and certainly attention grabbing in this fast paced and smooth flowing plot full of suspense and excitement with the well written scenes providing lots of great details that paint vivid images of this post-apocalyptic world so much so that I could practically feel Vegas burning. But the story has another side, which has some pretty strong emotional turmoil flowing from the pages as well and believe me when I say that the Four Horsemen put out some very strong emotional vibes which would be just how it I think it would really be. Avery grips readers by the heart with his determination to set things on a better path and his unfamiliar feelings for one of the survivors who of course doesn’t know who he is…at first.

The author created a fascinating post-apocalyptic world, mixing mythology in with some of her own creative twists and like I said some very vivid characters that draw you in and refuse to let go, so I was glued to the pages until the very end.