The Queen's Dance (The Emerging Queens #3) by Jamie K. Schmidt

The Queen's Dance - Jamie K. Schmidt

Remy “Champ” Champlain will fight to protect Queen Margery from those who plot to silence her…forever, he’d love for her to give up her job and settle down – hopefully with him, but he can’t fly and she can’t swim, so their relationship can never get off the ground in this spectacular paranormal romance.

Margery may be an Emerging Queen but who says she can’t keep her human life by fleshing out the story that nearly got her killed and the readers can’t help but be enthralled by Margery and Remy’s star crossed romance as Remy fights to keep her alive. The chemistry between Remy and Margery is hot enough to set Remy’s lake a boiling but Remy has a few handicaps that make being Margery’s protector and consort a bit challenging and then there is the whole survival bit creating quite a bit of chaos among all the emotional turmoil flowing from the pages. These characters are strong, compelling and have vibrant personalities that capture readers attention from the very beginning and be prepared for Remy to surprise you while stealing your heart in this fast paced and smooth flowing plot full of exciting action, suspense, and romance.

The story starts off with a thrilling rescue and continues with lots adrenaline pumping excitement from there as Margery takes on the bad guys all while trying to handle being outed as an emerging Queen, including but not limited to explosions, persistent pursuers and heated clashes among the dragons. The scenes are full of vivid details that make it easy for the readers to become ensnared in the story while all the intriguing events ensure that there is never a dull moment with some unexpected twists shaking things up.

The author continues to astound me with how she incorporates different dragon mythology and elements into such a fascinating world…a world that I never want to leave and Margery and Remy’s story just about blew me away, I loved both their characters and I can’t wait to read the next Emerging Queen’s story.