On Her Six (Under Covers #1) by Christina Elle

On Her Six - Christina Elle

In Samantha Harper’s experience, new neighbors are bad news especially suspicious and brooding, dangerous but sexy ones, so the aspiring cop in her takes action in this delightful romantic suspense.

All he wants to do is lay low and survive the crap surveillance assignment he’s been saddled with but after a run with his attractive neighbor, DEA agent Ash Cooper realizes that’s going to be much harder than he planned and the readers cant’ help but be delighted by this humorous but suspenseful romance as Ash tries to keep Samantha out of trouble and out of his hands. The chemistry between Ash and Samantha sizzles with lots of heat but this is one relationship that is full of heated clashes and Trouble with a capital T as both have sound reasoning for avoiding an entanglement with each other. The characters are strong and easily grab the reader’s attention with their compelling personalities and the plot is fast paced and flows smoothly with lots suspense, excitement and romance.

The story starts off with an intense situation that grabs reader’s attention and continuously builds suspense and excitement along with quite a lot of humor from there as Ash and Samantha work at cross purposes to bring down the bad guy. With Samantha being the culprit for most of the humor as she manages to gets herself in and out of some situations with some unorthodox methods. The scenes are well written and capture the imagination while the intriguing events keep readers glued to the pages.

The author used some creative license to make her story a bit unique and I enjoyed the story although I have to tell you that I had a love/hate relationship with Samantha of my own, sometimes I wanted to cheer her on and sometimes I wanted to strangle her but it was definitely fun.