Blog Tour & Giveaway with Excerpt! Born of Nothing (The Fae Games #4) Jill Ramsower!

TGIF, Readers! Thanks for joining me today in participating in the tour for an adult fantasy romance by Jill Ramsower! Enjoy and don’t forget to enter the giveaway!

Book details:

Born of Nothing
by Jill Ramsower
(The Fae Games #4)
Publication date: March 5th 2019
Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Romance

Synopsis:

It was over before it began.

A druid woman and a Fae man—we were two people from different worlds, only by chance did our paths happen to cross. He was beautiful and damaged and totally captivating. If only I could have continued to buy into the propaganda of fear and hate my people had taught me about the Fae, then maybe I would have believed him to be the savage he appeared to be.

Instead, I offered the cryptic man my help. The time I spent with him allowed me to see the man he was behind the chiseled, formal exterior. What developed between us was tender, intimate, and totally unexpected.

My druid family was not as enlightened as I was. My mom didn’t want me near the Fae; she certainly never would have understood that I had developed feelings for a Fae man. I tried to keep my private life a secret. I tried to keep the peace, but my mother’s threats and intolerance left me with no choice. I had to make the hardest decision of my life. I had to leave the only family I’d ever known. I just never imagined what I’d face when I didn’t make it out in time…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AVAILABLE in print or ebook

Amazon: https://books2read.com/u/bMZREG?store=amazon

EXCERPT 1

He followed my instructions, and when I entered the small bathroom, he sat shirtless under the fluorescent lights. I had never seen more perfectly sculpted shoulders outside of the movies and magazines. My fingers itched with the need to touch his golden-brown skin where it dipped and curved around solid muscle.

The room was barely large enough for me to maneuver around him, and his masculine presence made the space feel even smaller. My heart pounded against my ribs, and my hands shook with a slight tremor as I set my tools on the vanity.

What had I been thinking? This had to have been the worst idea I’d ever come up with.

Breathing slowly in through my nose and discretely out through my mouth, I attempted to settle my racing heart. This was just a haircut, something I’d done a hundred times or more in my life. Granted, I usually cut women’s hair, but hair was hair.

That’s all this was. A haircut.

Right.

“How short would you like it?” My voice was noticeably affected, deeper and more sultry than normal. I chided myself to get my crap together and stop acting like a lovesick teenager. In an attempt to act nonchalant, I gathered a towel and draped it casually around his shoulders.

“I suppose it would be best to have a modern style to help me blend in.” He examined himself in the mirror, seemingly unaware of the mental breakdown I was having behind him.

“That would be pretty short, are you sure you’re okay with that?”

His eyes met mine in the mirror, and I felt their hold like a physical touch. “Cat, it’s just hair,” he said softly in a deep rumble.

I chewed on my lower lip and nodded distractedly. “Okay, here goes nothing,” I muttered. I gathered his long mane and secured it with a rubber band, then held the scissors just above the hair tie near the base of his neck. “Last chance to change your mind.”

He lifted a brow in response, telling me to get on with it.

One chunk at a time, I sliced through his thick black hair until the ponytail was no longer attached. I held it aloft with a delighted grin, but Fen just rolled his eyes playfully. I set the hair aside, and nerves seized me again as I hesitantly ran my fingers through his remaining hair and along his scalp.

The thick strands were silky and smooth, unlike my own coarse curls. Wholly focused on my hands exploring, I almost missed Fen’s molten stare in the mirror. Almost, but not quite. His eyes seized me, and for several thudding heartbeats, I was lost. All that existed were those penetrating eyes and the searing heat that ignited every inch of my skin.

Somewhat reluctantly, I tore my eyes from his. While my reflection didn’t’ show the heat radiating from my body, it was hard to miss just how painfully erect my nipples had become. There was no way Fen had missed my blatant display of arousal.

I was mortified, and yet too painfully turned on to truly care.

Clearing my throat, I took out the clippers and began to trim the hair around the sides and back of his head. Once I got working, I was able to immerse myself in the job. I left a couple fingers length on top but kept the rest trimmed close to his head. By the time I removed the towel and dusted off his neck, I was thrilled with my work.

His jaw and cheeks were lined with a heavy stubble, the perfect complement to his new trendy haircut. To anyone on the street, he would look like a footballer or maybe even a model. Only those of us who knew Fen would understand just how much more there was to the man.

“I’ll get you some styling cream, but you can wear it with or without. What do you think?” I asked nervously.

He held my eyes, not once examining his new look. “I think you’re good with your hands,” he said hoarsely.

Tour-wide giveaway (INT)

· Signed copy of Born of Nothing, swag pack, and $25 Amazon gift card

Giveaway ends March 21st:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jill is a Texan, born and raised. She manages the hectic social calendars for her three active children and occasionally spends an evening with her dashing husband. Aside from being an author and a mom, she’s an attorney, travel junkie, and voracious reader.

Website - https://www.jillramsower.com/